Friday, September 26, 2008

News article of interest, eh ol' chap?

Here's a link to an interesting read:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26794291/from/ET/

It's a comparison of US healthcare and UK healthcare. It's slightly entertaining, as it's an editorial-type piece, not just informative. Her description of the hospital stay she recently endured in London reminded me of horror-stories coming out of the local hospital in the small Texas town my husband is from. But that's a subject for another blog entry...

Anyway, if I were given the choice, I'd choose what we have here at home over what some are saying is the gold standard across the pond there in Britain. Even if I were walking in this journalist's shoes.

oh, by the way, I'm "that" close to officially dipping my toe into the hospital world; I should start physician shadowing within the next couple of weeks! V-E-R-R-R-R-Y excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment